Saturday, August 15, 2009

back to summer

Friday after work, Saturday afternoon after swimming 2 mile race (47', 1st female, 2nd O/A), plans to sail tomorrow after mountain biking..finally feeling that Summer is sinking in as we get Aisling wet with spray three days in a row..Ah Jaysus, summer finally rocks on..It has been late this year with school and work demands, but as I sit after dinner with salty dry skin, and uncontrollable post-swim-and-sail hair, I finally feel the heavy pace of the year fall away, at least for the moment.
Dennis and I talk not so idly of Maine, looking forward to poking around the Blue Hill region, possibly looking for a patch of rock to hang a hat on, and to launch a boat from..My brain is still rocking a bit from being on the boat all day. Next to curling up with my lover, this is my most favourite feeling. Slightly giddy, slightly off kilter, slightly drunk from constant motion, sun, waves, swimming and dreaming..
When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you have been and there you will always be. -Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

No comments: